Friday, April 12, 2019

The (Often Overlooked) Value of Doctors and Nurses


My wife Kathleen shared a short video on Facebook that portrayed a young man asking, “Help me find the nurse who saved my life!” I posted the following comment on my Kathy’s page:

Medical science is incredible. So is medical technology (devices, tools, medicines, etc.) But without someone to learn and master the science and the technology, and deliver these marvels to the patient, they are of little value. The doctors and nurses are those someones. They are the transmission belts between the knowledge of the medical scientist and the inventions of the medical technologists (and their companies), and the patient. My recent surgery/recovery proves the point.

Related Reading:


1 comment:

SteveD said...

Yes, but doctors and nurses (especially doctors) are almost always absent or downplayed in all those human interest medical miracle stories on TV. I wonder why?