Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 in Review

2012 was a good year for me. All of my family is doing great, from my youngest grandchild Zach right on up to my wife Kathy.

I retired from my regular job on January 1, which enabled me to ramp up my activism fighting for a just, benevolent, rights-respecting American society. In that regard, I became a regular contributor to The Objective Standard blog, and had a book review of Ameritopia published in the TOS print addition. I also had several letters published in the NJ Star-Ledger.

Pro-freedom activism is more desperately needed now than ever before, after the disastrous political goings-on that got Barack Obama elected to a second term against an ineffectual (to be generous) Republican Party.

Here is a recap of my 2012 activism:

Letters published in the NJ Star-Ledger

Antitrust Case Against Apple is Unfair

Voucher Economics

Extol the Individual

The Objective Standard

My TOS blog posts

My TOS Ameritopia Review

Here are a few of my favorite Principled Perspectives posts of 2012

John David Lewis, New Intellectual

Time to Minimize "Macroeconomics"

"Greed" is a Two-Way Street

Government-Enforced Organ Donor Law is Immoral, Parts 1 and 2

Jesus' Ethics Supports Expanding, not Shrinking, the Welfare State

The Social Security Injustice

Why a Government Can't "Stimulate" an Economy

Profiting from Healthcare is Moral

How You Build That

Religion and Education Should Both Be Separate from the State

The Heroes that made Sandy a Predictable "Freak" Storm

The Shadow of Marx Blankets the "Fiscal Cliff" Fight

Of course, I continue to challenge, inform, and rankle others in conversation and social media whenever I can.

3 comments:

Mike Kevitt said...

I figured you must have retired, or something. I knew you were getting to that age. Mainly, I noticed you've made more frequent postings here in the last few months.

I think that, in the future, more people of working age should seek work without, not within, 'the' system (whos system is it?). The younger they are the more likely they can do that. I think the best way to change that system is to get out of it and start up relationships of ones own outside it. Individuals should just have their own relationships making up their own systems and their own cultures, all of them with one common culture consisting of non-initiation of force maintained by indiv. rights established by law and enforced by gvt. That's law & gvt., proper.

Working for change within 'the' system must just ready it for dissipation by rational outside forces.

I hope you have a good and productive retirement.

principled perspectives said...

Yes, I retired on January 1, 2012. So, I've ramped up my activism. Doing what I can to contribute to changing the culture or, as you put it, "ready...'the' system...for dissipation by rational forces" is now my main purpose, aside from my family, but also for the sake of their futures. My goal is to post more frequent--but generally shorter--posts.

Of course, as you know, I began writing for The Objective Standard blog last February. Craig Biddle recruited me and has really helped me become a much better writer.

Thanks for the well-wishes on my retirement. I plan on making the most of it. Thanks for your interest in my blog.

Steve D said...

Happy retirement. You've done an especially good job on the activism front. I particularly like the comments that you post on other blogs and articles. More than anything else, that seems to be a good way to reach people. Who knows what minds might be lurking who will read your words and change for the better?